Written prescriptions are available from this practice. You may obtain Prescription Only Medicines (Veterinary) (POM-Vs) from your veterinary surgeon OR ask for a written prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon or a pharmacy. A prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an in-patient or immediate treatment is necessary.
As from September 2023, the charges for issuing a written prescription are as follows:
- £30.00 (inc VAT) for the first item
- £22.50 (inc VAT) for each and every subsequent item.
Medicines purchased from the practice DO NOT require a written prescription and hence no extra charges apply.
- Written prescriptions are only valid for 1-3months, at the veterinary surgeon’s discretion.
- Your veterinary surgeon may prescribe POM-Vs only for animals under their care.
- Your pet must have been seen recently (being at least within 6 months for medicines or within 12 months for POM-V parasite control) to comply with pharmacy and dispensing laws. The general policy of this practice is to re-assess an animal requiring repeat prescriptions every 3 to 6 months, but this may vary with individual circumstances and conditions, and is at the vets’ discretion. The standard charge for a re-examination is currently £60.50.
- You will be informed, on request, of the price of any medicine that may be dispensed for your animal and further information on the prices of medicines is available on request.